- Provide a holistic evaluation of individual dynamics, needs and preferences.
- Educate and help provide health-related information;
- Help identify any physical, behavioral, functional, and psychosocial needs;
- Work with the Member and the Member’s LAR and other caretakers in the design of an Individual Service Plan (ISP);
- Connect Members to Covered and non-covered services necessary to meet identified needs;
- Monitor to ensure access to covered services is timely and appropriate;
- Coordinate Covered and non-Covered Services; and
- Intervene on behalf of the Member if approved by the Member/LAR.
Disaster AlertOn September 19,2019, Governor Greg Abbott issued a disaster declaration for counties within the Texas Children’s Health Plan’s service areas. If a member resides in one of the impacted counties, Texas Children’s Health Plan will make every effort to assist them in obtaining medically necessary services.
Counties in Texas under this announcement are: Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, Hardin, Harris, Jasper, Jefferson, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Newton, Orange, and San Jacinto.
Members can reach us at the following numbers:
- STAR Members: 832-828-1001 or 1-866-959-2555
- STAR Kids Members: 832-828-1003 or 1-800-659-5764
- CHIP Members: 832-828-1002 or 1-866-959-6555
For additional details regarding the disaster declaration, please refer to: https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-declares-state-of-disaster-as-severe-weather-hits-texas
Your child’s STAR Kids Screening and Assessment Instrument (SAI) is due.
That means your child is at risk of losing Long Term Services and Supports (LTSS) services. Call us today to schedule an assessment. It only takes a couple of hours, and we will come to your home. We want to help create a healthier future for your child.
Please call us today! STAR Kids Member Services: 1-800-659-5764