When you are pregnant, taking care of yourself and your baby is important. The care you receive when you are pregnant will help your baby come into this world healthy and strong. In order to do this, mothers need health coverage. Texas Children’s Health Plan covers pregnant women and unborn children through Medicaid and CHIP perinatal.
If you qualify for Medicaid, you can get prenatal coverage from Texas Children’s Health Plan. Pregnant STAR members get:
- Prenatal care (the care you get while you are pregnant).
- Prescription drugs.
- Dental care.
Texas Children’s Health Plan offers CHIP perinatal services. CHIP prenatal is no-cost health coverage for pregnant women. To get CHIP perinatal, you must:
- Meet certain income requirements.
- Not qualify for Medicaid.
- Not have any other health coverage.
To learn more, call 1-800-990-8247
CHIP perinatal member benefits include:
- Up to 20 prenatal (the care you get while you are pregnant) visits.
- Prescriptions and prenatal vitamins.
- Labor and delivery of the baby.
- Up to 2 follow-up doctor visits for the mother.